Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pop Goes The Belly Button!!

Sheesh. Let me start by saying I've always been very proud of my inny belly button. And let me continue by saying that my belly button has always been extremely sensitive and off limits for any "playing."

So here I am minding my own business, enjoying my pregnancy when SOMEONE mentions to me that my belly button is gonna POP OUT! Ummmm....please understand the extent to which I freaked out! (Liken it to my weird response/phobia of bubbles)

Are you SURE???? Will I feel it? It better not happen I will go nuts. If it DOES happen it better happen while I'm sleep!!!!!! (Trust me I sound much calmer in this blog than I did in real life!)

Well I think I'm reaching the inevitable my friends, and I approach it with a little trepidation (well a lot). I know this sounds highly unreasonable and irrational. But I'm FREAKING OUT!!! My belly button has almost reached it's plateau. There is no more inny. There are over two months left so what does that mean--chances are.....
POP!!! Yikes, I cringe when I even write this. The deal is that now that belly button has reached the plateau it it rubbing against my shirts and that sensitivity is just ---let's just say i don't appreciate it!!!! Even when i rub my belly or others rub it, if they hit the belly button, it just feels horrid.

So I ask that you all pray for my strength as I prepare for this belly popping event!
I pray the sensitivity will go away! And that I won't actually FEEL the POP! And that once it happens its cute and wonderful!

Here's an EXTREME CLOSE UP of my belly--prepped for the big you know what!!!!! (taken 3 weeks ago. It's even WORSE now!!!! ha!!!)

1 comment:

gbonju said...

your belly is really way out there. i'm happy you're enjoying the whole deal. one of the best gifts in life is a baby that is yours to love and nurture...trying to imagine who or what the baby will look like ...the anticipation...